Coupons can be great tools to incentivize subscribers.
There are all kinds of reasons you might want to create a promo-code. You can read more about that in Growing Your Audience on Subtext.
This is how to do it from a technical perspective.
Step 1: Go to the “Campaign” tab at the top and click the “Promotions” section on the left hand side.
- Create a promotion a code. There’s a 4–20 character limit.
- Select % discount: 1–100%
- A dropdown to select if this coupon is for “forever” or a limited number of months.
- If you select “Months” the next field is for how many months you want the coupon to last 1–999.
- Redemption limit: You can limit the number of seats for this coupon code. ie: A redemption limit of 1 means that after one person has redeemed the coupon, nobody else will be able to do so.
Once you save the promotion you will be given a custom URL like https://joinsubtext.com/rutgersinsider?promo=PODCAST. You can access this URL via the share icon on the right of all your saved promotions
That is the URL to share so NEW users can redeem the coupon. Existing customers can use a dropdown in the upper right hand corner of your campaign URL to enter the promo code displayed (in the image above it’s TESTPROMO) and this will change their subscription price accordingly.
You can click into an existing promotion to edit or end it at any time.